Mosquito Barrier Liquid Spray, 1 Gallon
Just one spraying of all natural, liquid garlic-based Mosquito Barrier will keep mosquitoes out of your yard and away from your home,
24 hours a day for nearly a month.
Gallon sizes are best for homes on a half acre for the entire season. One gallon covers 5 acres. 99.3% pure garlic extract.
Mosquito Barrier is a very strong liquid garlic made from very potent garlic cloves. The garlic used in Mosquito Barrier is a very powerful variety which is much more potent than the garlic found in grocery stores (in fact, our lab people here refer to it as "super garlic").
Garlic has a natural sulfur which repels mosquitoes. Spraying garlic to keep insects away is not something new, farmers and master gardeners have been doing it for many generations.
Since mosquitoes are soft-bodied insects the garlic juice can be very toxic to them in increased concentrations. The juice does not harm humans, pets or plants, but to mosquitoes it can be deadly. The odor of garlic chases them away for as long as they can detect the odor. The odor of sprayed garlic juice becomes undetectable to humans within minutes, but mosquitoes can detect odor as much as 10,000 times better than a human. So even though you can't smell the garlic, they can and they will stay away from the sprayed area for up to a month or longer. If the mosquitoes aren't in your yard, they can't get into your house.
Additionally, Mosquito Barrier, when mixed with canola oil (available at your local grocery store) plus the water, coats any standing water in the area with a very thin film of natural oil. This oil suffocates the which can develop in standing water. Unlike harmful chemicals, Mosquito Barrier is a natural insect repellent that doesn't kill bees or butterflies and is completely safe for children, fish, birds, dogs, cats and other pets. Be careful of traditional chemical pesticides, they can kill more than mosquitoes.
Generally, four applications are enough for the entire mosquito season. Even in the heaviest of infestations the gallon size is almost always enough for the entire year for most homes - including areas where the mosquito is the state bird.
Mosquito Barrier is a three pronged attack:
(1) It kills the adult mosquitoes.
(2) The garlic coated plants keep mosquitoes out of the area.
(3) It suffocates any mosquito larvae in, such as puddles, under decks, water in tin cans or depressions in lawn, etc.
How to Apply
Applying I Must Garden Mosquito, Tick & Flea Repellent is easy – simply spray areas you want protected and reapply to maintain control. Please consider the following guidelines:
- Apply repellent on a dry day. Repellent works best and lasts longest when it is applied to dry surfaces
- Thoroughly spray the immediate and surrounding areas you want protected to ensure full coverage
- Allow repellent to dry for at least an hour before rain or watering. For best results wait 48 hours before irrigating after application
- Reapply every 2-4 weeks, or as needed to maintain control
- Mosquitos breed in standing or slow moving water. To minimize mosquito populations be sure to dump out any unnecessary standing water
- For landscaped water areas consider using Mosquito Dunks to keep your decorative fountains and ponds mosquito free
- I Must Garden Mosquito, Tick & Flea repellent is not intended for direct application to skin or to animals
I Must Garden is proud to use ingredients regarded as safe by the EPA.
To find detailed information about a specific ingredient click HERE
- Cedar Oil
- Thyme Oil
- Rosemary Oil
- Lemongrass Oil
- Geraniol Oil
- Citronella Oil
- Vegetabel Oil
- Potassium Sorbate
- Xanthan Gum
|32oz Trigger Sprayer||250 Sq Ft|
|1 Gallon Ready-to-Use||1,000 Sq Ft|
|32oz||4,000 Sq Ft|
|32oz Hose-end Sprayer||4,000 Sq Ft|
"This is a super product. I bought it locally in a smaller container. This concentrate was unavailable. It is herbal and nontoxic and it works it you use it consistently. You just hook it up to a hose. "
"Prompt service, great seller. "
"Great smelling and works well until the rains came. "
"This stuff is awesome! One application and the critters are gone! Still have dragonflies, tons of frogs, butterflies, & lady bugs, so it seems VERY environmentally friendly. Just try it, you won't be disappointed! Works better than chemical sprays! "
"The odors coming from this smell like herbs, but it does drive away the bugs. I highly recommend it. Since I have chemical allergies, I cannot use them, and I have dogs and would never spray my yard with them. It is worth it. "
"Great service. Highly recommend. "
"Seems to work really well. I haven't been bitten once since I sprayed my garden. "