I Must Garden Mole & Vole Repellent is an environmentally safe, humane, and effective way to deter burrowing animals from digging and destroying your garden, lawn, plants, and landscaping. We created the strongest Mole & Vole Repellent on the market by combining a super strong 20% castor oil formula with botanical oils that taste and smell bad to moles and voles and other burrowing animals. The proprietary blend of oils safely coats their food source (grubs, worms, roots, etc.) and makes treated areas highly unpleasant – forcing pests to relocate. There are no poisons, harmful chemicals or toxic glues in our products. All of our repellents are safe to use around children and pets, and are completely biodegradable.
Freedom from Foul Odors
I Must Garden Mole & Voles Repellent is pleasantly scented, making application easier and more enjoyable than ever! Many repellents on the market smell bad and are difficult to apply. I Must Garden Mole & Vole Repellent and a pleasant mint smell and is easy to apply.
It’s no wonder I Must Garden Deer Repellent is the top selling deer repellent in hundreds of stores. Use our Dealer Locator to find a dealer near you.
Our Mole & Vole Repellent Granular Repellent is easy to apply by hand or with a spreader. With the granular product application is easy and flexible. For this reason our granular formula is the preferred product for homeowners no matter where you live.
If you are unsure which option is best for you, ask your local dealer or give I Must Garden a call and we will be happy to guide you in the right direction.
Do I have moles or voles?
If you are trying to identify which burrowing pest is plaguing your lawn and garden, just remember this helpful phrase “Moles eat Meat, Voles eat Vegetation.”
Moles Eat Meat: Moles eat grubs, insects and worms and cause the majority of their damage digging tunnels around your property in search of food. Mole damage can ruin a beautiful yard with dirt mounds, raised tunnels and patches of dying grass, all of which can lead to unsightly bald spots. I Must Garden Mole & Vole Repellent not only coats the insects in unpleasant tasting oils, but added botanical oils, like cedar oil, help drive insects themselves away - giving you double the protection.
Voles eat Vegetation: Voles love to eat the tender roots of plants, and will even come above ground to eat bark and plants. Voles can literally destroy a plant overnight with their voracious appetites. The most common signs of vole damage are lopsided plants that no longer stand upright because their roots have been completely eaten away. Equally frustrating are plants that literally disappear into a hole in the ground. I Must Garden Mole & Vole Repellent coats your vulnerable roots in unpleasant tasting oils, forcing voles to look elsewhere for food. During the winter voles are known to come above ground and eat the bark from the base of trees – even below a cover of snow! Our Granular Repellent is perfect for cold weather and can be placed around trees preemptively, or on top of snow for long lasting protection year-round.
For additional information on the signs of Mole & Vole damage visit our TIPS page, or contact us directly with any questions.
The Right Size for Every Lawn & Garden
I Must Garden Mole & Vole Repellent comes in a variety of liquid and granular sizes.
How to Apply
Mole and vole damage can be incredibly frustrating, not to mention costly. Of course, you want to stop the damage as quickly as possible. A very common, but misguided, approach is to treat your entire property all at once. This approach places the animals under an extreme amount of stress. Suddenly their familiar surroundings smell terrible and their food tastes awful. There’s no place to escape and in their search for better conditions they cause even greater damage.
The Best Approach
We recommend applying the repellent in sections over time, methodically moving the pests off your property towards an exit point. This allows the animals to relocate from a treated area to an adjacent un-treated area. Since the animals have an option of moving to an untreated area, they simply relocate without causing further damage. While this method is initially a little more time-consuming, it will be the most effective in gaining control over moles and voles.
- Divide your property into several sections considering one or more areas where you want the animals to exit the property
- The first application should be in the section farthest from the exit area (marked as section 1 in the examples). Apply to moist ground when possible at a rate of: Granular: 2 Pounds/1,000 Sq Ft - Hose End Concentrate: ½ Gallon/1,000 Sq Ft
- Water the repellent in after you have applied it. This is to make sure the ingredients are carried down to the root zone
- Treat first section and wait 5-10 days before treating each subsequent section
- Thirty days from initial treatment, treat entire property with product at a rate of: Granular: 1 Pound/1,000 Sq Ft - Mixed Concentrate: ¼ Gallon/1,000 Sq Ft
TIP: If you want to avoid the watering steps before and after application, apply the repellent on a rainy day!
Maintenance & Preventative Treatment
- Once your property is free of pests, effective control is best achieved by regularly applying a 10-20 foot border of repellent around your property
- Periodically check the perimeter of your property for new activity or damage. Immediately reapply more repellent at the first signs of activity
- To prevent habitation of moles, voles, and other burrowing animals, apply repellent to entire property at a rate of: Granular: 1 Pound/1,000 Sq Ft - Mixed Concentrate: ¼ Gallon/1,000 Sq Ft
- Maintenance and preventative re-application rates will vary from 30-90 days depending on the surrounding infestations
- Make sure to cover every part of your property that you want to protect, even areas that do not seem to be infested
- Apply repellent at the first signs of damage, or preemptively if you have had problems in the past. In the case with perennials, such as hostas, which are a particular favorite of voles, the best time to apply the repellent is early spring before the plant leafs out and you can still easily apply repellent to the entire root zone
- Moles and voles are active year round! Our granular repellent can be applied on top of snow or mulch for winter protection
Repelling Armadillos, Gophers, Skunks, & Ground Squirrels
- Apply repellent over the entire area you want protected, but do not water in. Apply at a rate of: - Granular: 2 Pounds/1,000 Sq Ft - Mixed Concentrate: ½ Gallon/1,000 Sq Ft
- Reapply in 5-10 days and thereafter as needed to maintain control
|32oz Hose End Sprayer||10,000 Sq Ft|
|1 gal Concentrate||40,000 Sq Ft|
|4 LBS||4,000 Sq Ft|
|10 LBS||10,000 Sq Ft|
I Must Garden is proud to use only natural ingredients regarded as safe by the EPA.
To find detailed information about a specific ingredient click HERE
- Castor Oil
- Peppermint Oil
- Cedar Oil
"This is the second time we have used All Natural Mole and Vole Repellent and it is fantastic. Will be back again ordering the same in 4 or 5 months. Wonderful natural product and it works. "
"Works great and smells good ! I have tried other similar items over the last few years ...this is by far the best ! "